Mason Herring graduated from Texas A&M University with a Bachelor of Science. During college he was honored for his journalism and editorial work for The Battalion college newspaper and one of only two class representatives to serve on the Judicial Court of A&M’s Student Government. He earned his Doctor of Jurisprudence in 2010 from South Texas College of Law, where he distinguished himself as a Dean’s Scholar and was honored for his pretrial advocacy work.
Soon after graduation, Mason went to work in the United States District Court for the Western District of Louisiana. After working for the federal judiciary, he became litigation practitioner in Houston, Texas. In March 2013, he joined Hunter Craft in forming Craft Law Firm, P.C., serving as Of Counsel to the litigation boutique.
His clients have called him their “go-to lawyer in the Permian Basin and Eagle Ford Shale,” “dedicated,” and “hard working.” Whether it is fighting for a mother and son who lost their husband/father in an oilfield accident or taking on the largest insurance company in the world for a mom and pop construction business, Mason enjoys all types of significant litigation.
Mason is licensed to practice in all Texas state and federal courts, as well as the Fifth Circuit Court of Appeals.
His success has been recognized by his peers:
- Texas Rising Star in 2014, 2015, 2016, and 2017 by Texas Monthly, a Thompson Reuters Publication
- Top 100 Lawyers in Texas by the 2015 issue of Best Attorneys in America
- Spoken at multiple conferences on oil and gas litigation issues to groups across the United States
- Member in the South Texas College of Law Young Alumni Leadership Circle
- Dean’s Scholar, South Texas College of Law
- South Texas College of Law Young Alumni Leadership Circle
- Texas Super Lawyers Rising Star, A Thomson Reuters Publication – 2014-2016
- 2015 Top 100 Lawyer in Texas by Best Attorneys of America
- Eagle Scout
- B.S. in Agricultural Economics, Finance and Real Estate, Texas A&M University
- J.D., South Texas College of Law, Deans Scholar, 2010
- Texas, 2011
- United States District Court for the Southern District of Texas
- United States District Court for the Northern District of Texas
- United States District Court for the Western District of Texas
- United States District Court for the Eastern District of Texas
- United States Court of Appeals for the 5th Circuit
- Houston Trial Lawyers Association
- Houston Trial Lawyers Foundation
- State Bar of Texas: Oil, Gas & Energy Resource Section
- Houston Bar Association: Oil, Gas & Mineral Law Section
|2014||“Insurance Coverage Issues in Oil and Gas Litigation” AAJ Winter Convention, New Orleans, Louisiana|
“Litigation Panel Discussion” TTLA Annual Conference, Austin, Texas
|2015||“Black Gold in the Oil Patch” Oil Rig and Construction Accident Seminar, San Antonio, Texas|
“Trespass to Try Title Litigation” Permian Basin Trial Lawyers Association, Odessa, Texas