Car Accident Lawyer in Temple, Killeen and Belton, Texas
Texas is one of the states with the highest number of car accident injuries and fatalities in the country each year. If you find yourself injured in a car accident in Temple, Killeen, Belton or the surrounding areas, contact Craft Law Firm for legal assistance. Our experienced local car accident lawyers can guide you through the legal process ahead using tailored legal services.
What Can a Car Accident Attorney Do for You?
Hiring a car accident lawyer to represent you will give you an edge during insurance claim negotiations or a personal injury lawsuit after a crash in Bell County. You can trust your lawyer to protect your best interests, as – unlike an insurance company – a lawyer wants you to win your case and secure a large payout.
A car insurance company in Texas is much more likely to take you seriously and offer fair compensation for your losses with an attorney advocating on your behalf. Your lawyer can handle car accident investigation, claims filing, settlement negotiations and other difficult tasks for you in the pursuit of justice while you heal from your serious injuries.
Texas Car Accident Laws
It is important to have at least a basic understanding of how Texas’s car accident laws work as a crash victim. You (or your attorney) will need to navigate these laws for a successful injury or property damage claim. Three of the key laws to know are:
- Fault-based car insurance law. Under Texas’s fault insurance rule, the insurance provider of the at-fault driver will pay for the crash. It is a victim’s burden to prove that the other driver is to blame before he or she can qualify for compensation.
- Comparative negligence doctrine. This rule states that if a victim contributes to a car accident, his or her compensatory award will be reduced by an amount that is equal to his or her share of fault – up to 50 percent, after which the victim will not be eligible for any compensation at all.
- Statute of limitations. A state law known as the statute of limitations gives crash victims a maximum of two years from the date of the accident to file a related injury claim in Texas. There are some exceptions to this rule, however – making it important to contact an attorney as soon as possible.
Car accident laws are confusing and constantly changing in Texas. Contacting an attorney right away after a car accident in Bell County is the best way to navigate all of the state and local laws that apply to your injury case.
Compensation Available for a Car Accident in Texas
In Texas, a car accident victim may be eligible to recover compensation for both economic and noneconomic damages. Understanding the value of your case before accepting an insurance element is critical for your financial future – especially if your case involves catastrophic injuries. You may be eligible for financial compensation for several losses, including:
- Past and future medical bills
- Vehicle and property damage
- Lost earnings and income
- Disability costs and accommodations
- Travel expenses and out-of-pocket costs
- Physical pain and suffering
- Emotional distress or post-traumatic stress disorder
- Punitive damages, depending on the case
At Craft Law Firm, we realize that no amount of money can make up for a devastating injury or the tragic loss of a loved one in a car accident. It is our mission, however, to help our clients recover in any way possible – including by obtaining the financial compensation that they need and deserve.
Speak to a Car Accident Lawyer in Temple, Killeen or Belton Today | Free Consultations
Help is available after a motor vehicle accident in Texas. The attorneys at Craft Law Firm have years of experience to put to use on your behalf. We can assist you after any type of car or truck accident with high-quality legal services. Learn more about how our car accident lawyers can help during a free case review in Temple, Killeen or Belton, Texas. Contact us at 254-875-0120 to schedule your consultation, or tell us about your case through our secure online form for a prompt callback.