Car Accident Lawyer in Cedar Park
If you get into a car accident in Cedar Park, Texas, you may be facing major injuries, expensive hospital bills and inconvenient property damage. Recovering from a car accident and restoring your life can be difficult, but you don’t have to do it alone. Craft Law Firm helps car accident victims in Texas collect the financial compensation that they need to move forward with their lives. Discuss your case with a car accident lawyer in Cedar Park who can help you today during a free consultation.
Why You Need to Hire a Car Accident Lawyer in Cedar Park
If a motor vehicle accident results in bodily injuries, the death of a loved one or expensive losses, it will benefit you to hire a car accident lawyer to represent you during the claims process. Car insurance companies prioritize their profits over everything else, making it difficult for crash victims to obtain the financial benefits that they need to pay for their losses and move on.
With a Cedar Park injury lawyer advocating for your rights and interests, a car insurance company cannot take advantage of you. Your lawyer will demand maximum financial compensation for the full extent of your losses – even if this means taking your case to trial in Williamson County. With a lawyer expertly handling your claim for you, you can rest and focus on healing from your injuries without the stress of a lawsuit.
Steps to Take After a Car Accident in Cedar Park
It’s important to know what steps to take in the hours and days after being involved in a car accident in Cedar Park. A car insurance company will carefully examine the actions that you took – or failed to take – after your crash to search for reasons to deny your claim. If you can, take the following steps:
- Pull over immediately as close to the scene of the accident as you can and check for injuries.
- Report the crash to the police to obtain a police report, even if the accident is minor.
- Exchange contact information with the other driver, but don’t admit fault or apologize for the accident.
- Write down a description of what happened and give your version of events to the police.
- Take photographs and capture videos of the scene of the car accident.
- Go to a hospital in Cedar Park immediately for professional medical care, even if you think you are uninjured.
- Collect copies of your medical records, the police report and other relevant documents.
- Consult with a car accident lawyer in Cedar Park before beginning the insurance claims process.
- Call the other driver’s insurance company to report the crash and file a claim.
- Don’t sign anything sent to you by the insurance company until you’ve spoken to an attorney.
As soon as you contact a car accident lawyer, he or she can guide you through the remaining steps needed to pursue justice and fair financial compensation. Your lawyer can take over communications with insurance companies and their claims adjusters so that all you need to do is focus on your recovery.
Who Pays for a Car Accident in Cedar Park, Texas?
There are fault and no-fault states when it comes to determining who is liable, or financially responsible, for a car accident. Most states, including Texas, abide by a fault or tort-based law. Under this law, the driver who caused the car accident must pay for all victims’ medical bills and property repairs, typically through his or her car insurance. If you get injured in a car accident in Cedar Park, you will need to determine who or what caused the crash and file a claim with that party’s insurance provider. This is known as a third-party claim.
Contact a Cedar Park Car Accident Lawyer Today
If you or a loved one has recently been injured in a car accident in Cedar Park or the surrounding area, the car accident lawyers at Craft Law Firm are here to help. Find out what we can do for you after a motor vehicle collision in Texas. Request a free consultation by calling 512-379-5873 or contacting us online anytime.