Georgetown Truck Accident Attorney
Being injured in a truck accident can leave you with uncertainty about your future. Depending on the nature and gravity of your injuries, you may be dealing with thousands of dollars in medical bills and lost wages, on top of significant pain and suffering. At Craft Law Firm, our personal injury lawyers are dedicated to the pursuit of justice for accidents that are caused by the careless and wrongful acts of trucking companies and their drivers.
To speak to a truck accident lawyer in Georgetown, Texas about your case today, we invite you to request a free consultation with one of our attorneys at (713) 225-0500.
Why Clients Choose Craft Law Firm
- Our personal injury lawyers have spent years successfully representing clients throughout Texas and achieving positive case results against powerful opponents.
- We prepare each case for trial and are always courtroom ready. In a catastrophic truck accident claim, this can improve the final value of the settlement or judgment award achieved.
- Our Georgetown truck accident attorneys work on a contingency fee basis. This means we don’t charge anything in attorney’s fees unless we secure compensation for you.
Common Causes of Truck Accidents in Georgetown
Several major roads and highways cross through Georgetown and Williamson County. Every day, thousands of 18-wheelers use these roads, such as I-35 and State Highway 29. Unfortunately, commercial truck activity increases the risk of catastrophic traffic accidents in these areas. Truck drivers and trucking companies often make mistakes that increase the risk of deadly truck accidents, including:
- Distracted driving
- Texting while driving
- Truck driver fatigue
- Broken hours-of-service regulations
- Speeding or reckless driving
- Breaking traffic laws
- Operating a truck while under the influence of drugs or alcohol
- Lack of truck maintenance
- Truck part breakdowns
- Violated federal or state trucking laws
- Unsecured cargo (lost cargo loads)
Large trucks have unique elements that make them more difficult to control, such as air brakes, large blind spots and wide turn radiuses. In addition, their enormous size and weight pose major injury risks in collisions with smaller passenger cars. For these reasons, it is critical for truck drivers and trucking companies to do their duty and ensure the safety of their transports.
Truck Accident Case FAQs
If you’ve been injured in a preventable truck accident in Georgetown, you most likely have many questions about your legal rights and the claims process in Texas. Below are some of our most frequently asked questions:
- How long do I have to file a truck accident claim in Texas? The statute of limitations in Texas gives you no more than two years from the date of the crash to file a lawsuit, in most cases.
- Who is liable for a truck accident? This answer depends on your case and who caused the crash. Since Texas is a fault-based car insurance state, the person or party at fault for the accident pays.
- How much is my case worth? This question can only be answered after a careful review of the facts of your case that may impact its value, such as the severity of your injuries.
- How much do your services cost? Nothing if we don’t win your case. If we succeed in securing a settlement or jury verdict, we charge our fees directly out of the amount won – not out of your pocket.
We hope these FAQs shed some light on your legal options and what to do next. For legal advice about your specific truck accident case, arrange a free consultation at Craft Law Firm today.
Speak to a Georgetown Truck Accident Lawyer | Free Initial Case Consultations
You are not alone as the victim of a truck accident in Georgetown. Contact our lawyers at Craft Law Firm to discuss your case with a compassionate truck accident lawyer who has years of experience in this practice area. Call (713) 225-0500 today or contact us online anytime and we will give you a call back as soon as possible.