Car Accident Attorney in Marlin, Texas
If you’ve been injured in a car accident, you may need assistance with the steps to take next. You are already dealing with serious injuries and have enough to worry about while trying to build your future after a serious crash. In the fight for fair compensation from a car insurance company, a skilled attorney can be invaluable.
Craft Law Firm can help if you are suffering from a serious or catastrophic injury or are mourning the loss of a loved one due to a car accident in Marlin. We will help you go up against the driver or party responsible for your collision and make sure you have everything you need to get through this difficult time. Our lawyers offer free case evaluations so that you can learn more without any risk. Call 254-457-4434 today.
Why Choose Our Marlin Car Accident Attorneys?
- We have a reputation in Texas for our excellence and experience, including a long track record of successful case results.
- Our car accident lawyers are courtroom ready. We independently prepare and battle each case as if it will go to trial to achieve the best possible outcomes.
- We operate on a contingency fee basis on all personal injury cases. This means that you will not owe us anything in attorney’s fees unless we secure financial compensation for you.
What to Do After a Car Accident in Texas
If you get injured in a car accident, you may be feeling overwhelmed and unsure about what to do next. It is important to try to take certain steps, however, to protect your legal rights and future. Here are the basic steps that you should take after a motor vehicle collision in Texas:
- Report the crash to law enforcement right away. Texas law requires crash reporting for the injury or death of any person or a disabled vehicle. Calling 911 after any car accident is wise, however, as you can use the police report for your insurance claim.
- Exchange and collect information. Exchange your name, contact number and insurance information with the other driver. Take photographs while you are still at the scene of the crash and collect the information of any eyewitnesses.
- Go to a hospital. Get medical care immediately after any type of vehicle collision. Prompt medical care can diagnose an injury even before you notice symptoms. It can also show an insurance company that you did what you could to mitigate your injuries.
- File an insurance claim. Contact the other driver’s car insurance company to report the accident. Expect a quick call back from someone called an insurance claims adjuster. Be careful what you say to the adjuster, as he or she wants the insurance company to save money on your claim.
Before you accept a settlement offer from an insurance company, contact an attorney in Marlin for advice. Once you say yes to a settlement, you cannot reopen your case or renegotiate – even if the offer you accepted is too low.
How a Car Accident Lawyer Can Help
Knowing what to do and what not to do after a car accident in Texas is something that a lawyer can help you with. You can trust your lawyer to only take actions and make decisions that are in your best interests, as your lawyer works for you – not an insurance company or anyone else. An attorney will help you go up against an insurance claims adjuster in pursuit of fair and full financial compensation for your medical bills and property damage so that you can move on after a car accident.
Contact a Car Accident Lawyer in Marlin Today for Assistance
When you need an advocate and advisor after a traumatic car accident in Marlin, Texas, count on Craft Law Firm. We are highly experienced car accident attorneys who offer unparalleled customer service. Our lawyers will guide you effectively through the claims process while you concentrate on healing from your injuries.