Car Accident Attorney in Round Rock
Being involved in a car accident in Round Rock, Texas can lead to severe injuries, expensive medical bills and psychological suffering. At Craft Law Firm, we will help you fight to get the financial compensation that you need from the driver or party at fault for your crash. We have been representing car accident victims and their loved ones throughout Texas for many years – with a long track record of successful settlements and judgment awards. Discuss how we can help you today during a free initial case evaluation.
Why Choose Us?
- We are a boutique-style law firm that only accepts a limited number of cases at a time, allowing us to pay personal attention to each case.
- Our car accident lawyers in Round Rock have a reputation for excellence and unparalleled customer service among our peers and the community.
- We take all personal injury and wrongful death cases on a contingency fee basis, meaning you will only pay your car accident lawyer if your case succeeds.
What Are Common Causes of Car Accidents in Round Rock, Texas?
Almost all motor vehicle accidents in Texas are preventable. They happen most often due to driver errors. Drivers can make many mistakes behind the wheel that result in collisions, such as breaking roadway rules and traffic laws. Common causes of car accidents in Round Rock include:
- Reckless and aggressive driving
- Running stop signs and stop lights
- Failing to yield to others
- Distracted driving
- Driving while intoxicated
- Driving while tired
Violating traffic laws can happen carelessly, such as a driver who negligently falls short of the duty to pay attention to the road. However, drivers can also knowingly break the rules and behave recklessly. Either way, the driver can be held responsible, or liable, for a related car accident in Texas.
Who Pays for a Car Accident in Texas?
Under Texas’s tort-based car insurance law, the person or party at fault for a motor vehicle accident is who pays. Every driver in Texas must carry proof of financial responsibility, typically in the form of car insurance. Liability insurance is a requirement to ensure that a driver has the financial ability to pay for medical bills and property damage suffered by others in a car accident.
After a car crash in Round Rock, you or your attorney will need to determine who or what caused the accident. This will be the party against whom a settlement or judgment award is sought. Then, you will need to prove based on a preponderance of the evidence that the other driver or party is to blame. This burden of proof means “more likely than not.”
What Compensation Is Available for a Car Accident?
If your lawyer succeeds in proving that a dangerous driver or another negligent party caused your car accident, you are entitled to financial compensation from that party’s insurance provider. Your settlement or judgment award could pay for many types of damages, including:
- Hospital bills and ongoing health care costs
- The price of vehicle repairs or totaled vehicle replacement
- Lost wages and capacity to earn due to a long-term injury or disability
- Physical pain, mental anguish and emotional distress
- Wrongful death benefits if you lost a loved one in a car accident
- Punitive or exemplary damages, in some cases
The value of your car accident case is something that a lawyer can calculate for you. Speak to a Round Rock injury attorney for an accurate idea of what your case is worth before accepting an insurance settlement to avoid getting less than you deserve.
Request Your Free Case Review Today | Call 512-641-4335
If you’ve been injured in any type of automobile accident in Round Rock, Texas or the surrounding areas, help is available at Craft Law Firm. Our car accident lawyers have been providing exceptional legal assistance to crash victims for many years. We will help you navigate each phase of a car accident case and fight for the compensation that you need to move forward.